Overseas Singaporean Funding Programme
Homesick? Missing the company of fellow Singaporeans? Want to organise events to galvanise the community? If you have an idea that will help to bring fellow Singaporeans closer together, we will be happy to support. You can make it happen through the Overseas Singaporean Funding Programme (OSFP). We provide seed funding for ground-up initiatives that promote a sense of community and connection to home.
B) TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The ground-up initiatives, events or activities must meet the following criteria:
· Celebrate Singapore’s culture and heritage;
· Keep Singaporeans abroad abreast with developments in Singapore; and
· Strengthen a sense of community amongst the Singaporeans abroad through meaningful projects and activities.
Ground-up initiatives that meet more than one qualifying criteria may be funded up to 80% of the proposed event cost, while those that meet only one qualifying criterion may be funded up to 40% of the proposed event cost. Applicants must exercise fiscal prudence, avoid extravagant options and ensure that the proposed event costs are critical to the success of the ground-up initiatives. Total government funding (including funding via OSFP) cannot exceed 80% of the final expenditure.
The ground-up initiatives must target mainly a Singaporean audience with a minimum group size of 50 Singaporeans.
Successful applicants will be informed on the allocated amount, which is based on the number of criteria met, indicative number of Singaporean attendees as well as the budget forecasts.
Ground-up initiatives that have already taken place or generate profits will not be eligible for funding.
All funding applications must be submitted at least two weeks before the event.
Acknowledgement of OSU’s support
OSU's support should be acknowledged on all publicity materials, where possible, from date of award of the funding.
Disbursement of funds
Disbursement of funds will take place after successful applicants have fulfilled the following requirements:
· Publicise the event on the Overseas Singaporean Portal's calendaring tool at least two weeks before the event date.
· Submit an online Event Report with supporting documents such as completed GIRO form, receipts of expenditures and attendance list of all Singaporean attendees including Full Name, Email Address, Profession (Student/Professional/Others) to OSU.
· Post at least three photographs of the event on the Overseas Singaporean Facebook page together with a brief description of the event, and consent to the photos being used for OSU's publicity purposes. Click here for a guide on posting photographs on the Overseas Facebook page.
Disbursement of funds will be done via InterBank GIRO:
· Incomplete details provided on the InterBank GIRO form may result in delay in disbursement of funds.
· Applicants must also ensure that the bank account submitted is able to receive disbursement of funds in the currency stated in the funding application. OSU reserves the right to disburse the funds in an alternative currency based on the prevailing financial regulations.
· The final disbursement amount credited may be subjected to the prevailing currency exchange rates and admin fees imposed by the applicant’s bank, where applicable.
Non-compliance with the terms and conditions for OSFP, including changes to eventual format of the ground-up initiative, expenditures or number of Singaporean attendees, may result in reduction of the disbursement amount, delay in disbursement of funds or affect future applications under the OSFP.
Overseas Singaporean Organisations (such as student associations, professional clubs, etc) or informal groups of Singaporeans abroad who wish to organise ground-up initiatives for their Singaporean communities may apply.
Applications are open throughout the year and must be submitted online to the Overseas Singaporean Unit at least 2 weeks before the event. To proceed, you will need to login to your Overseas Singaporean Portal account. You may sign up for a free account if you have not done so. Upon login, you will see a shortcut at the bottom of the page for submitting your funding applications.
The online system also allows applicants to submit applications for several ground-up initiatives using a single form to eliminate repetitive data entry.
For any enquiry on OSFP, please contact the Overseas Singaporean Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org.
D) DOWNLOADABLE FORMS/TEMPLATES/GUIDE
You may download the following forms, templates or guides to facilitate your application submission via the online system.
- Terms & Conditions for OSFP
Guide on accessing the online system for OSFP
For submitting funding application online to the Overseas Singaporean Unit
Guide on creating My Events on OS Portal
For creating your My Events through your personal dashboard
For usage during submission of event report
Giro Form A
For credit of funds into a foreign bank account
Giro Form B
For credit for funds into a Singapore bank account
Guide on Posting Photos on OS Facebook
For uploading of photos on OS FaceBook Page
OSU Logo [PDF format] [JPG format] and usage guide
For usage in publicity of ground-up initiatives.