1. The Singapore Day 2019 Lucky Draw (the “Picnic Contest”) is organised by the Government of the Republic of Singapore through the Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth (the “Organiser”) in conjunction with Singapore Day 2019 (the “Event”), which will take place in Shanghai, China, on 13 April 2019 from 1030 hrs to 1700 hrs (GMT +8:00) (the “Event Date”).
2. The Picnic Contest will run from 14 January 2019, 1030 hrs (GMT +8:00) to 31 March 2019, 2359 hrs (GMT +8:00).
3. By taking part in the Picnic Contest, the participants (the “Participants”) agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and to abide by the decisions of the Organiser in relation to and in connection with the Picnic Contest. The decisions of the Organiser in all matters relating to the Picnic Contest shall be final.
4. To be eligible for the Picnic Contest, the Participants must:
(a) be citizens of Singapore;
(b) have successfully registered to attend the Event and have been issued with the electronic ticket (“E-Ticket”) for the Event;
(c) be at least eighteen (18) years old on the Event Date; and
(d) have been admitted to the venue of the Event on the Event Date.
5. Persons who are involved in the organisation of any part of the Picnic Contest or the Event, employees of the Organiser and the immediate family members1 of such persons or employees are disqualified from participating in the Picnic Contest.
How to Enter
6. To be considered for the purposes of this Picnic Contest, Participants must register successfully for the Event by 31 March 2019, 2359 hrs (GMT+8:00).
7. All registrations shall be subject to the approval of the Organiser, which has the sole discretion to reject such registrations based on reasons including but not limited to venue constraint, etc.
8. One winning registration entry (the “Winner”) will be chosen via a lucky draw from the list of successful registrants who attended the Event by the Organiser at its sole discretion.
9. The Winner will win a picnic spread of food and drinks from the Singapore Day 2019 hawker stalls (“the Prize”). The Prize is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or other prizes. The Prize is subject to any accompanying terms and conditions (including any stipulations such as food safety regulations imposed by SATS or relevant officials). The Organiser reserves the right to substitute the Prize with any alternative prize without prior notice. The Organiser accepts no responsibility for any liability that may arise from the Prize winnings.
10. The Winner will be announced by 8 April 2019 by 2359 hrs (GMT +8:00). The announcement will be made by the Organiser on the Singapore Day Facebook Page and/or Instagram/WeChat accounts. The Winner will be notified by electronic mail and provided with details as to how to claim the Prize. The Organiser reserves the right to require the Winner to produce proof of identity, citizenship, age, and registration/E-Ticket for the Event to claim their Prize.
11. If the Prize is not successfully claimed by 10 April 2019, 2359 hrs (GMT +8:00), it will be forfeited to the Organiser and the winner of the Prize shall have no claim whatsoever on the Prize. The Organiser is not obliged to offer any such unclaimed Prize to any other Participant.
12. It is the Participants’ responsibility to ensure that the electronic mail address provided when registering for the Event is a valid address. The Participants accept that the Organiser’s responsibility for notifying a Winner of his/her Prize shall be discharged upon the Organiser sending an electronic mail to the electronic mail address provided by the Participant when registering for the Event.
13. By registering for the Event, a Participant consents to receiving publications and information sent by the Organiser. A Participant may, by notice in writing, subsequently inform the Organiser that he/she no longer wishes to receive such publications and information. The Participants also irrevocably and unconditionally consent to the Organiser using their names, photographs, images with accompanying captions for publicity purposes through any media, including, but not limited to, print, broadcast and online media.
14. The Organiser reserves the right to forfeit any Prize and to dispose of the forfeited Prize at its sole discretion if the Winner is disqualified under these Terms and Conditions to participate in the Picnic Contest, and such Participant shall have no claim over such Prize.
15. The Organiser reserves the right to cancel the Picnic Contest for reasons beyond its control. The Organiser (including its employees, officers, agents and assigns) shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage relating to or arising from the Picnic Contest (including cancellation of the Picnic Contest) or the Prize awarded, regardless of the cause and reason, to the extent permitted by law.
16. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of Singapore and the Participants hereby agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
1 Immediate family member of a person shall mean the person’s child, stepchild, grandchild, parent, stepparent, grandparent, spouse, sibling, parent-in-law, children-in-law, sibling-in-law and shall include adoptive relationships.