SG Cares is a movement in support of Singaporeans’ goodwill. It is about sharing inspiring stories, forging partnerships and growing opportunities for volunteerism. No matter where we may be, we can show our care for the community, and for Singapore. No act of care is too small, and together, we can contribute to building a caring home for all.
Keen to contribute but not quite sure where or how to start? Have an idea that will help to bring fellow Singaporeans together to help those in need? As we support meaningful projects and activities that strengthen a sense of community amongst overseas Singaporeans, you may just be able to tap on OSU’s funding programme to support your initiative! Click here for more information on the Overseas Singaporean Funding Programme, or write in to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may be far away from home, but Singaporeans overseas actively contribute to good causes, whether in your current community, or those back in Singapore. Here are some Singaporeans who have made a difference to their overseas community:
- Singaporeans Contributing Overseas: LDRVolunteers, Kechara Soup Kitchen, Singapore Muslim Students Overseas, Tapestry Suppers, QUTSSA
- Victoria Tan: A Promise to Give Back
- Rachel Leng: Giving Back Through Mentorship
- Lilin Khoo: A Little Care Goes a Long Way
- Stephanie Chai: Sharing the 'Kampong Spirit' with her community
- SG Cares website
- SG Cares Facebook
- SG Cares App: iTunes, Android
- SG Cares Instagram
- National Council of Social Services (NCSS)
- National Voluntary & Philanthropy Centre (NVPC)
- Youth Corps Singapore